So you just purchased your new firearm on the Cabela.com website, now what? Now you will have to make sure you ship it to a Cabela’s store located within your state of residence. Remember, only the person whose name appears on the order will be allowed to take possession of the firearm, and the transfer will take place only after all applicable requirements (i.e. background check, etc) are completed. I am not a lawyer so please verify with your local, state, and federal laws before attempting to purchase a firearm.
How much is Cabela’s FFL Transfer fee?
As we speak Cabela’s is charging Illinois residents a $50 transfer fee if you purchase your firearm from another retailer and have it shipped to a Cabela’s store near you. You will also have to pay a $4.00 fee for the Illinois background check if you reside in Illinois.
How much will Cabela’s charge me if I purchase a firearm at Cabelas.com?
Nothing. Zero. You will not have to pay a transfer fee if you purchased your firearm at Cabela’s online or in-store. Just $4.00 background fee if you live in Illinois.
How to Place Your Order at Cabela’s online
- Browse their available firearms here. Once you have located your firearm(s), click the Order Online button.
- Provide your residential zip code and select the store where you would like to pick the items up. Please keep in mind that you can only purchase items that are not restricted in the state/location where you reside.
- Review and agree to their Online Firearm Ordering Agreement
- Complete checkout.
- Please remember that you will be responsible for any additional fees (i.e. background check fee) at the time of pick up.
- Please allow 2-3 business days for handguns to be delivered and 4-5 business days for long guns. All items in your order will ship to the same store. You will be sent an email notification when the firearm(s) is ready for pick-up and a separate email once non-firearm items are available for pick up.
Fees, Taxes, Shipping & Returns
- If your state or local jurisdiction imposes additional fees (i.e. background check fee, etc.) you will be responsible for these at the time of pick-up.
- You are only permitted to purchase firearms that are not restricted in the state or jurisdiction where you reside. All firearms must be shipped to a Cabela’s location within the state where you reside.
- Please inspect the firearm prior to accepting the transfer while in-store.
- Cabela’s does not accept returns of any firearms. Please contact the manufacturer directly for assistance.
- Orders that contain firearms must be placed by the actual recipient of the firearm(s).
- Purchasers of firearms must be at least 18 years of age, and if the firearm is other than a rifle or shotgun (including frames/receivers, silencers, and pistol grip smoothbore firearms), purchasers must be at least 21 years of age. All purchasers must be a resident of the state where the transfer will occur. Some states have additional age requirements for certain long gun purchases that may require the buyer to be 21 years of age or older. Examples of those states include, but may not be limited to Florida, Washington, and Vermont.
- Firearm transfer and use are subject to government regulation. It is your ultimate responsibility to ensure you are in compliance with all rules and regulations that apply to the purchase of firearms and ammunition.
- Some items are not able to be sold in certain locations.
- Firearms are sold as equipped. We do not modify the manufacturer’s configuration.
Store Pick Up Requirements
- Please have a copy of the email confirming that the order is ready to pick up. This email will include your order number and name.
- Please ensure that you have a valid, government-issued photo ID when picking up your firearm. Firearms can be picked up at the gun counter in the Firearms Department.
- When picking up your firearm in-store we ask that you provide your current, physical address on ATF Form 4473, the Firearms Transaction Record. Please note that if the address on your ID does not match your residential address you will be required to provide a second form of government-issued document for verification. (i.e. vehicle registration, vehicle title, hunting license, or voter ID card)
- If your state or locale has any specific licensing or permit requirements, ensure that you possess these prior to picking up your firearm. Please contact local authorities if you have any questions regarding federal, state, or local laws related to purchasing firearms.
How Many Stores Does Cabela Have?
Currently, Cabela’s has 82 retail stores across the United States when you include the Bass Pro Shops that number jumps to 177 stores combined.