Unfortunately, you can not purchase a gun through PayPal without violating their terms of service. If you are trying to purchase a gun with PayPal and are not finding any vendors that will accept PayPal as a form of payment, that is why. You will be hard-pressed to find anyone selling you a gun that allows PayPal as a form of payment. Not only does PayPal prohibit all firearms from being purchased through their online payment portal they also prohibit you from purchasing ammunition through their site. If you are looking for a PayPal alternative check out guns.com below.
If you are looking to buy a gun online and want to finance it try guns.com. They now offer financing! You can now buy the gun that you want and make small monthly payments over time. How cool is that? It is super easy to do. This is how to get started.
Go to the guns.com website.
Search for the gun that you want to buy.
1. Click the financing logo on any product page to learn about your pre-approval amount. It looks like this below, or you can simply apply for financing when you are ready to checkout.
2. Answer the questions in the Credova application & get approved fast.
3. Make sure all items are in your cart and select “Credova” as your payment option in the checkout.
4. Place your order!
You can get approved with no credit impact! You are never locked in full-term and you will always have the ability to buy out at any time. Pay off your principal in three months to pay no interest* (depending on your offer details) or spread out your payments over the full length of your contract.
Apply online 24/7 for financing approvals in seconds. Applications can be filled out from any device with an internet connection. If you have any questions about the application, call 833-273-3382 to reach customer support during normal business hours of 3 AM to 3 PM PST.
Payoff your principal in three months and you pay no interest. You can also spread your payments out up to the term length provided in your offer. Approvals for three months interest-free offers are dependent upon the applicant’s credit profile. Keep in mind, not all offers are 3 months interest-free. Credova counts one month as 30 days, so 3 months = 90 days. Please review your offer details closely prior to completing your purchase.
There are no hard inquiries so you can get approved with no impact to your credit score.
Credova puts the purchasing power in your hands with monthly payments instead of paying for the entire purchase upfront.
Pick Your Gun Up Locally
Once your order has arrived and is ready to be picked up at your local FFL dealer of choice, guns.com will send you a notification that your order is ready to be picked up! If the FFL that you want to do business with is not listed on the guns.com website, you can send them an email letting them know who your FFL is and they will get your FFL dialed in and listed in their system.
You will need to have your state ID and any other appropriate identification materials with you when you pick up your new firearm. Your FFL dealer will perform any necessary background check when you arrive.
You can be confident when you buy from guns.com.
Credova has dedicated support available for any questions or assistance you may need during normal business hours of 3 AM to 3 PM PST. Call 833-273-3382 | Email email@example.com | Visit www.credova.com
*Not all offers are 3 months interest-free. Terms and conditions are dependent upon the applicant’s credit profile.
Here is PayPal's Prohibited Activities List
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:
- violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
- relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.
- relate to transactions that (a) show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law, (b) support pyramid or Ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other “get rich quick”schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs, (c) are associated with purchases of annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (d) are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (e) are by payment processors to collect payments on behalf of merchants, (f) are associated with the sale of traveler’s checks or money orders, (h)involve currency exchanges or check cashing businesses, (i) involve certain credit repair, debt settlement services, credit transactions or insurance activities, or (k) involve offering or receiving payments for the purpose of bribery or corruption.
- involve the sales of products or services identified by government agencies to have a high likelihood of being fraudulent.
Here is PayPal's Policy On Firearms
We don’t allow PayPal members to buy or sell any kind of firearm, whether it’s in working order or not. The same goes for certain firearm parts and ammunition.
For example, using PayPal, you can’t buy or sell:
- Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they’re for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms.
- Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High-capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.
- Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.
Stun gun sales are allowed for U.S. residents, but only if the transaction is permitted by law in both the buyer’s and seller’s jurisdictions. (PayPal account holders outside the U.S. can’t buy or sell stun guns.) Before they complete a sale, U.S. sellers must make sure that the transaction is legal in both locations.
Related items that you can buy and sell using PayPal include paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns, as long as such transactions are legal in the applicable jurisdiction. All of these items must display the markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and can’t include blank ammunition.