Trying to find an online gun dealer that will accept a payment from your PayPal account is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Why? Because PayPal lists all firearms and ammunition on their prohibited items list not allowing you to buy it through their online payment platform.
While some people have been able to successfully circumvent the PayPal system and have been able to purchase a firearm or firearm parts using PayPal it is not recommended. If they catch you, be prepared to be banned from PayPal for life. Not only will they ban you forever, but there is a good chance they will lock up your funds and your transactions with little to no recourse on your end.
While you can not purchase a gun or ammo through PayPal you might be able to do this… What if you bought a gift card with your PayPal account at the online gun shop that you are wanting to buy a gun from and then purchase your firearm with that store’s gift card. Sounds like a legit sale to me without violating any of the PayPal terms of service.
Looking For a PayPal Alternative?
If you are looking for a gun to buy and want to do it legally and want to pay for it over time try Guns.com. They recently just started offering financing for guns! You can make small monthly payments over time. It is super easy to do:
Go to Guns.com
1. Click the financing logo on any product page to learn your pre-approval amount, or simply apply at checkout.
2. Answer the questions in the Credova application & get approved super fast.
3. Make sure all items are in your cart and select “Credova” as your payment option in the checkout.
4. Place your order and that’s it!
You will get approved with no credit impact! You are never locked in full-term and you will always have the ability to buy out at any time. You can pay off your principal in three months to pay no interest* (depending on your offer details) or spread it out into payments over the full length of your contract.
Get Approved in Seconds
Apply online 24/7 for financing approvals in seconds. Applications can be filled out from any device with an internet connection. If you have any questions about the application, call 833-273-3382 to reach customer support during normal business hours of 3AM to 3PM PST.
Three months Interest Free*
Payoff your principal in three months and you pay no interest. You can also spread your payments out up to the term length provided in your offer. Approvals for three months interest free offers are dependent upon you credit profile. Keep in mind, not all offers are 3 month interest free. Credova counts one month as 30 days, so 3 months = 90 days. Please review your offer details closely prior to completing your purchase.
Get Approved With No Credit Impact
There are no hard inquiries to your credit report so you can get approved with no impact to your credit score.
Pay Over Time
Make monthly payments instead of paying for the entire purchase amount upfront.
*Not all offers are 3 months interest free.
Terms and conditions are dependent upon your individual credit profile.
PayPal Prohibited Activities
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:
- violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
- relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.
- relate to transactions that (a) show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law, (b) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other “get rich quick”schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs, (c) are associated with purchases of annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (d) are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (e) are by payment processors to collect payments on behalf of merchants, (f) are associated with the sale of traveler’s checks or money orders, (h)involve currency exchanges or check cashing businesses, (i) involve certain credit repair, debt settlement services, credit transactions or insurance activities, or (k) involve offering or receiving payments for the purpose of bribery or corruption.
- involve the sales of products or services identified by government agencies to have a high likelihood of being fraudulent.
What is PayPal’s policy on transactions that involve firearms?
We don’t allow PayPal members to buy or sell any kind of firearm, whether it’s in working order or not. The same goes for certain firearm parts and ammunition.
For example, using PayPal, you can’t buy or sell:
- Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they’re for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms.
- Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.
- Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.
Stun gun sales are allowed for U.S. residents, but only if the transaction is permitted by law in both the buyer’s and seller’s jurisdictions. (PayPal account holders outside the U.S. can’t buy or sell stun guns.) Before they complete a sale, U.S. sellers must make sure that the transaction is legal in both locations.
Related items that you can buy and sell using PayPal include paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns, as long as such transactions are legal in the applicable jurisdiction. All of these items must display the markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and can’t include blank ammunition.